Discover the Birdsville Track's crazy, extreme stories! Buy Now
Play the Birdsville Track audio tour in your car at the locations marked on the map (Birdsville Track map included) – Or play it at home and dream about Birdsville!
Congratulations on an excellent sound track! … I … was enthralled by the stories. When my wife asked me what I wanted for my Birthday, your CD was part of my request… a very informative and entertaining CD.
Mark Christie, Maryborough, VIC. Read full testimonial
The Birdsville Track Audio Tour comes in a Double CD or digital download. It makes a great souvenir or gift!
This tour is the insider view of Jackie Stallard who lived and loved in Birdsville for 7 years.
Travel with Jackie and discover the amazing, crazy, extreme Birdsville Track!…
- What’s it really like to live here? Experience remote living through the locals’ eyes
- Walk in the footsteps of Australia’s first outback explorers
- Discover the desert’s extreme ecology
- Find out how the Simpson Desert and Great Artesian Basin were formed!
- Imagine strings of a hundred camels, Aboriginal rainmakers, and Drovers!
- Absorb the crazy stories of this legendary outback area’s first settlers
And that’s not all!…
- Take time to camp
- Lounge in a hot bush spa
- Track down some of the locals you’ve heard on the audio tour!
- Beat the boredom! Listen while you drive or at home
Finally the sand and gibber stones give up their secrets!
About the Birdsville Track
The Birdsville Track runs from Marree in northern South Australia, to Birdsville in outback Queensland.
It cuts through three deserts – the Tirari Desert, Sturts Stony Desert and the Simpson. This legendary, 500-kilometre-long, dirt road has a rich folk history, fascinating culture and unique ecosystems.
But to the naked eye, it can seem like one, long expanse of stony gibber plain…
It doesn’t give up its secrets easily – unless you have the Birdsville Track Audio Tour of course!